[Spread-users] Spread Concepts communication and source code.

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jan 30 11:09:10 EST 2008

Jim Kleckner <jek-spread at kleckner.net> writes:
> I've tried a couple of times since 2005 to request read-only access
> to the spread repository and never gotten any kind of reply.
>
> Similarly, all enquiries to this list that address Spread Concepts
> go unanswered.
>
> Does anyone get any response?
>
> There have been a number of patches on the list and no way
> to see if they have made it in or get them from the repository.
>
> I'm considering putting a copy of spread into code.google.com
> just so we have something.
>
> Comments on how good/bad this idea is?

There is the potential for harm in being seen to be "forking" the
project, but there would be considerable good in having some sort of
access to a code repository.

This actually sounds like a case for using one of the patch-oriented
distributed SCMs (e.g. - like Monotone, Darcs, git), where those
patches would actually have a place to be expressed.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html