[Spread-users] Are all group messages sent to all servers?

Jim Kleckner jek-spread at kleckner.net
Tue Jan 22 20:22:07 EST 2008

Lobiv Igor wrote:
> Thanks,
> I see the broadcast UDP messages if a user is outside of daemon. John is
> correct.
>
> i.e. if all group users are inside "message initiated" daemon - the
> message will be process locally. No any message goes out [to others
> daemons].

This is useful to know.

Would the following example work?

Say I have 2 servers on 2 segments, S1 and S2.

I have 2 users connected to each server, U11 and U12 connected to S1
and U21 and U22 connected to S2.

I have 3 groups, one local to each server and one "shared" or global:
L1, L2, and G12.
Users U11 and U12 join L1 and G12.
Users U21 and U22 join L2 and G12.

Is it true that all messages sent and received by U11 and U12 to L1 will
remain local to the segment of S1, similarly for L2, and that messages
for G12 will be sent to both S1 and S2 ?