[Spread-users] Are all group messages sent to all servers?

Lobiv Igor Igor.Lobiv at sitronicsts.com
Mon Jan 21 06:29:33 EST 2008

Hi Jim!

I cannot repeat this behavior. | Version 4.00.00 Built 29/November/2006

I created two daemons D1 and D2 on different computers. To each daemon I attached two users. (To D1 I attached users U1 and U2, to D2 I attached users U3, U4).

I send safe message from U1 to private group #U2#D1. This message is received by U2, but D1 didn't send the message to D2. (I monitored traffic via wireshark).

So the question is: how to repeat behavior, described in your letter - that "local" traffic sends to all remote daemon (user)?

Jim Kleckner wrote:

> John Lane Schultz wrote:

>> I believe that all messages, including ones to private groups, go to all

>> daemons right now.  There has been talk of optimizing this behavior to

>> only send meta-messages to all daemons and send the actual messages

>> only to those daemons that need them, but this work has not yet been

>> done.

Best regards,

Igor Lobiv

Telco Software Development Sector

SITRONICS Telecom Solutions, Czech Republic a.s.

Tel.: +420 211 030 655,  Mobile: +420 724 936 638, Fax: +420 296 524 103

BB Centrum - Beta, Vyskočilova 1461/2b, 140 00  Praha 4, Czech Republic

www.sitronicsts.com <http://www.sitronicsts.com/>

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Top secret. Please delete it before read. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.