[Spread-users] connect to client in group

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Fri Feb 22 07:55:09 EST 2008

Since you are doing a cooperative setup, you are already prone to
being "messed with" by nodes that join (I can join as logger and do
nothing).

Groups are ordered by Spread.  Everyone sees the group membership in
the same order, so you can count on that to electing leader.

have all members join group "logger_ctl"

On each membership change, if leader will join the "logger" group,  On
membership changes in the "logger" group, if you are not the leader of
the "logger_ctl" group, leave the "logger" group.

This isn't ideal, but is a workable implementation of what you
describe below.

You should just join a group call logger, have all member receive all
messages and log the messages if you are the leader.  This method
doesn't drop logs between the membership change that the success of
the join of "logger" that the first method does.