[Spread-users] Using the spread toolkit with Excel

Jim Kleckner jek-spread at kleckner.net
Wed Feb 20 01:41:03 EST 2008

I checked in an unoptimized version of the publish and subscribe DLLs
for Excel.
See the project home page here:
 http://code.google.com/p/spread-excel/
and the README file here:
 http://code.google.com/p/spread-excel/source/browse/trunk/SpreadExcelRTD/README.txt
 ( http://tinyurl.com/29y7jl )

Note that you have to register the subscribe real-time-data server using
regsvr32 as described in the README file.

While the subscribe DLL will allow use of multiple servers, the publish
DLL is currently limited to just one.

I suppose the API should be upgraded, but I just wanted to get something
out there that people could bang on.

Note that an exception occurs if the SP_disconnect is allowed to be
called in the destructors.
Not sure quite why, but it is early code.

Cheers - Jim