[Spread-users] set ips to listen on

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Feb 14 01:33:48 EST 2008

Look at the sample.spread.conf file in the docs directory of the source distribution.
Towards the end it has several sample configurations that use a more advanced syntax to
specify exactly what interfaces you want to use for client connections verses
daemon-to-daemon traffic. If you specify the interfaces you want using this syntax, Spread
will NOT bind to 0.0.0.0, but will only bind to the interfaces you specify.

Note, you usually want to include localhost as well as your private IP's in the list for
client connections and daemon traffic so you can run local testing programs like spmonitor
or spuser, but you don't have to.

Hope that solves your problem.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science