[Spread-users] ring, hop, and tcphop

Brian Gerkey brian at gerkey.org
Wed Apr 9 22:59:23 EDT 2008

hi,

I'm new to Spread.   What I've seen so far, I like a lot.

I read in the User Guide that Spread support three link protocols for
daemon-daemon communication: ring, hop, and tcphop.  How can I tell
the spread daemon which link protocol to use?  And can I specify the
protocol on a segment-by-segment basis?

E.g., I want to use the hop protocol when two daemons are talking over
a lossy wifi link.  I'm happy to give up any and all of Spread's
delivery guarantees and ordering semantics over such a link.

	thanks,
	brian.