[Spread-users] regular crashes in spread 4.0.0rc2

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:51:43 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 12:11:00PM -0400, John Lane Schultz wrote:
> There was a bug in G_compare_proc_ids_by_conf in the release
> candidates that was fixed before official release.  The best
> solution would be to upgrade your installation to the official
> 4.0.0 release as other problems were fixed too.

Is there a scenario where I can reliably duplicate the buggy
behavior in G_compare_proc_ids_by_conf() in the release candidate?

I'm basically gettings two sets of core files: those that point to
G_compare_proc_ids_by_conf() as the culprit, and others that just
list memory addresses.  So I'd like to do some testing to suggest
whether the same problem is causing all core dumps, or if there are
other problems as well.

In short, we're definitely going to upgrade, but we'd like to know
if there will still be crashes or not.  I'd like to be able to
determine this before the release, if possible.

Thanks!
Matt