[Spread-users] newb: can i setup spread to send messages between processes on the same machine?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Mar 29 08:45:52 EDT 2007

Spread runs as a deamon. When you connect, you are connecting to the
daemon, not to the network.

There is nothing to stop there being a sender and a receiver (or even
multiple ones) on the same daemon.

If all you are trying to achieve is IPC on the same machine, there are
probably better ways to achieve that than going through Spread.

Gordan