[Spread-users] newb: can i setup spread to send messages between processes on the same machine?

joe hardy joe8hardy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:37:56 EDT 2007

I apologize in advance for the newb questions but I'm just getting started
and trying to learn.

thanks

1. can i use spread to send messages between processes on the same machine.
I tried and I think I had problems b/c the same port was being used by both
processes.

can I create a group and communicate to it on different ports? ie. create a
group conversation called Prices and have a process talk on port 9999 and
another process talk on port 9998

thanks

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910