[Spread-users] SP_join from different tread as SP_receive

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Fri Jun 15 16:37:43 EDT 2007

I do not know the particulars of the locking implementation forwards and
backwards.  If memory serves though, I think you are referring to the
fixed size mutex array that the library uses for synchronization -- it
modulo's the mailbox # the size of the array to get which mutex to use.

So, yes I do think that with the current implementation different
connections can end up using the same mutex if you have a lot of file
descriptors or if the fd numbers get high in your client application.

Cheers!

---
John Schultz
Spread Concepts