[Spread-users] Allowing for non-block reads/write in spread

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Fri Jun 15 16:06:45 EDT 2007

You are correct that Spread's current interface can cause blocking as it
doesn't allow for partial reads or writes.  We have thought about how to
improve the interface to better support true non-blocking I/O and may
revisit this issue sometime in the future.

Regardless, you can currently use the mailbox in an event loop as it is a
file descriptor.  If your client's connection is to a local daemon the
likelihood of your app. actually blocking is extremely low.

Cheers!

---
John Schultz
Spread Concepts