[Spread-users] Spread Configuration

Wangbong Lee leewb at etri.re.kr
Fri Jun 1 04:19:58 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply.

Here is sample configuration with 3 nodes(A,B,C) in same network domain (not
through router).
With your comments, as I understood, possible one configuration is;
A "local" daemon and a "remote" daemon can run node A, and a "local" daemon
can run each B and C.
In your comments, the daemons in each nodes can communicate each other. I
wonder, what information
is delivered among them?

Other question is about "no network bandwidth is consumed in local
communication".
In your words, if the client's connection is local, then the client-daemon
communication remains
 within the machine -- no network bandwidth is consumed. However, when I
tested local messaging
within the machine, those messages are out to physical interface. (I
tcpdumped those packets.)
Thus, meaning of "no network bandwidth is consumed" is not clear.  Could you
tell me about that more?

Thanks,