[Spread-users] Spread Performance (Financial Market Data Distribution)

Thomas Lo thomas.lo at financialogixgroup.com
Mon Jul 9 07:27:52 EDT 2007

We are evaluating Spread to be used in market data distribution for
financial trading application. We are currently testing the
throughput of using spread and our first test involves sending
100,000 56 bytes messages and the throughput on publisher is 122,228
messages per second and the receiver is 12,052 messages per second
which is quite good (daemon, publisher, and receiver are on the same
machine as the first test). However, when we increase the no. of
receivers (from one to four) connecting to the same daemon, the
throughput for both publisher and receiver start to decrease
dramatically (half of what it can achieve before). Is there any
configuration I need to tune the daemon on dealing with multiple
receivers?