[Spread-users] delivery w/ no listener?

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Feb 20 13:07:10 EST 2007

Spread is an ephemeral messaging system.  Spread delivers a message only to
those receivers that are directly connected when the message first becomes
deliverable.  Messages and "group subscriptions" are not persistent.  This means
that if a receiver crashes (or partitions) it will miss messages sent while it
is crashed (or partitioned) and Spread will not automatically recover those
messages for it.

The usual way people address this problem is by having more redundancy in the
number of receivers performing the same task.

Alternatively, Spread Concepts has a commercial product called Congruity that
extends Spread to also perform persistent messaging, which ensures that no
messages are lost due to crashes or partitions.  If you are interested in
exploring using Congruity in your product, then you can contact us at
info at spreadconcepts.com.

Congruity: http://www.spreadconcepts.com/replication_info.html

Cheers!