[Spread-users] delivery w/ no listener?

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue Feb 20 12:45:48 EST 2007

I am wondering what happens to messages received by Spread when there is
no listener connected to "receive" the message.

We want to use Spread for logging various frontend activity to a backend
machine from multiple web servers, some or all of which will end up in
the database.

Writing the code to send a message and receive messages is easy enough,
  but we are concerned about what happens to these messages if the
listener were to crash for whatever reason.  As far as I can tell, these
messages are lost, which isn't an ideal solution, as some of these
messages are absolutely critical.

I guess I'd like to know what happens to these messages, and, if they
really are "lost", how to best handle the possibility of our Spread
listener(s) crashing.  If it matters, we will be using Perl w/ Spread.

Thanks!
Jim