[Spread-users] trouble setting up my first spread network

Allen Brunson abrunson at landmarkdigital.com
Fri Feb 16 12:26:39 EST 2007

John Robinson wrote:
>> Spread_Segment 172.20.43.255:4803 {
>
> Should that broadcast address be 172.20.255.255?  Check ifconfig on
> one of your interfaces.

so that thing at the beginning of the config is a broadcast address?  because i'm pretty sure udp broadcasts won't work on our network.  the admins have it partitioned off so thoroughly that no two computers are in the same collision domain.

anyway, i tried setting it to 172.20.255.255, that didn't work either.  also, i figured out how to get spmonitor to show me the spread daemon status, but the numbers are all greek to me.

so are the daemons communicating with each other via datagram broadcasts?

immediately.

Thank you.