[Spread-users] A few questions

Doug Steigerwald dsteigerwald at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Aug 21 15:23:53 EDT 2007

Some quick questions for you all.

As I'm seeing with the example scripts (spflooder/spuser), if no one is in the group when you send
messages to a group, those messages are lost.  I only want the flooder to write (and not read), so
I've tried to use the -wo option.  Using '-n 1' with the flooder doesn't do much when using -wo.
Whether a user is already joined, or joins after I execute the flooder, the flooder just sits there.
  Does nothing.  Is that intended?  I've tried joining the group with 3 users and the '-n 1' option,
and the flooder still doesn't send messages.

We want to be able to send messages using Spread, but we need the messages to be consumed once a
user joins the group even if they aren't joined to the group when the messages are sent.

So basically, is there any way to send messages using Spread, but keep the messages waiting until a
user joins the group to consume them?  Anything I'm missing?  I'd imagine it's possible, but I
haven't seen anything like this so far (maybe I haven't looked enough?).

Thanks.

--
Doug Steigerwald