[Spread-users] A few questions

Brad Larson blarson at crary.com
Tue Aug 21 15:46:54 EDT 2007

Spread is a transport mechanism and not intended for "store-and-forward"
applications. You did not mention any unique identification for each
user but I believe you would need one for what you wish to accomplish.

You could write an adapter/service that reads from an archive (database)
and sends the messages since that particular client last read them
(someone -- client/server would have to keep track of the last message
received).  To keep serialization (if required) the client would
negotiate with the archive service and ignore broadcasts until caught up
via the archive. Once caught up, broadcasts would be accepted.

There are also more ways to accomplish this... this is a simple example.

Brad.