[Spread-users] Multiple spread daemons on the same machine & real-time scheduling?

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Oct 18 16:56:59 EDT 2006

You can certainly run multiple daemons from different configurations on the same
machine.  Just be sure that the ports that you use do not conflict.  Spread uses
the port you list in the spread.conf file, or 4803 by default, plus the
following two ports as well (e.g. - 4803, 4804 and 4805).  So make sure you
spread them out far enough.

Matt Garman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One more question for now :)
>
> Does anyone run multiple spread daemons on the same machine?
> Basically, we are looking at running multiple spread deamons for
> different message categories.  The high priority messages, we'll run
> with real-time scheduling.
>
> And speaking of real-time scheduling, the Spread User's Guide v0.11
> [1] has a footnote on page 20 that says, "a small program to give the
> daemon real-time scheduling priority can be found at our web site
> http://www.spread.org/software/".  Unfortunately, that URL returns a
> 404 not found.  Does anyone have any more info on running the daemon
> with real-time priority?
>
> Thank you all very much,
> Matt
>
> [1] http://www.spread.org/docs/guide/users_guide.pdf