[Spread-users] Indications from spread

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Jul 5 13:18:56 EDT 2006

Dutta Abhijit wrote:
> Can anyone help in this...Thanx in advance...
>
> ~Abhijit

Sorry for not responding yesterday because it was the USA's independence holiday.

Clients connecting through both nodes should have seen CAUSED_BY_NETWORK events
reflecting that the "other side" of the partition had disconnected.  I'm not
sure if/why both sides of the partition didn't see/report the disconnection.

Sometimes Spread will not (or is very slow to) *heal* a partition in a LAN
unless client traffic is being sent, which everyone hears, but I don't think
that is related to this issue with pulling the plug.

You are correct that Spread does not distinguish/report whether a daemon failure
is due to a network partition or a daemon crashing.

Cheers!

--
John Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC