[Spread-users] Again: SP_error: (-8) Connection closed by spread

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:25:30 EST 2006

Is it the receiver that gets the error, or the sender?  Or are they
both send and receive?

As you mentioned, this error usually comes as a result of a slow
receiver reaching Spread's internal limit on the number of outstanding
messages a session can have waiting in its mailbox.

It sounds like you aren't sending fast enough to overwhelm anything,
from your description, so this probably isn't a flow control issue.

If it's the receiver getting cut off, I would expect it to be some
sort of bug in the receiving code.

If it's the sender getting cut off, and that client isn't also
receiving, I would make sure that you are including the SELF_DISCARD
directive ORed with the service type.

Hope this helps,
Ryan