[Spread-users] Exception in SP_receive... Compiling with newer Visual Studios...

Ivo ivolucien at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 18:33:25 EST 2006

I'm deciding whether to purchase Visual Studio 2005 Pro, and
compiling with libtspread is one factor in that decision.

VS 2003 Standard edition (should be labeled Student/Limited edition)
might be the reason that I'm getting exceptions in SP_receive but I
haven't found any references to that in the list archives. Same
problem on two XP and Win2k machines so configuration isn't a likely
issue.

The exception itself occurs in the first recv(...), in
SP_scat_receive. WSAGetLastError claims the problem is an "invalid
handle".

Has anyone found similar exceptions under Windoze, or successfully
compiled Spread under VS 2003 or 2005 Pro?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ivo