[Spread-users] Reload spread: Memb_token_loss: bug !!! state is 2

Clotho Tsang wytsang at clustertech.com
Wed Dec 20 02:37:24 EST 2006

I am using spread 4.0.0 on RHEL4 update 2 and Fedora 3.
Sometimes when I reload spread with spmonitor, I meet this error message
and spread is stopped:
=========================
Memb_token_loss: bug !!! state is 2
=========================

There are several ways to reproduce the bug, in all cases
the spread.conf is unchanged:
- Situation 1, can reproduce 10 out of 10 times.
Reload more than one spread simultaneously.

- Situation 2, can reproduce 6 of 10 times.
When some messages are passing on spread, reload a spread.

- Situation 3, can reproduce 9 of 10 times.
Just after spreadis started/reloaded, reload spread again immediately.

What troubles me is situation 2. When my program is passing message
with spread, I want to reload spread.

See if anyone have any idea. Thank you.

--
Best regards,