[Spread-users] problem with spread/mod_log_spread/spreadlogd

John Schultz jschultz at commedia.cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Sep 6 16:07:51 EDT 2005

Well -11 is CONNECTION_CLOSED, which just means the connection between the
client and daemon has been shut down.  The most common reason for this is
a flow control problem where msgs are being injected into the system
faster than readers can read them out.  At some point Spread will kick the
connection so that it doesn't run out of memory and kill the daemon, thus
losing all of its connections.

I'm not familiar with mod_log_spread and I don't know if it performs any
kind of flow control.  If it doesn't and you are logging too fast this
could cause your clients to be repeatedly disconnected (assuming they
reconnect).

---
John Schultz
Spread Concepts