[Spread-users] Invalid message in high load group

Marcin Kuthan mkuthan at pit.edu.pl
Fri Sep 2 02:37:44 EDT 2005

Hi

My application send between 1000 and 10000 messages per second). On 150
per second all works correctly. Yuval, can you test your pure C client
with 10000 messages per second? My testing topology is very simple ->
one spread daemon (on eth0 interface, not loopback) in group and client
receiving self messages.

Yair, I think that is not in Java interface because invalid message has
always start with valid group name. This is not accidentally situation
with accidentally data. This is not corrupted message, this is other
messages that spread client expected.

Scott, If the problem is caused with SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF settings
(http://commedia.cnds.jhu.edu/pipermail/spread-users/2005-April/002496.html) or other Java IO error, invalid messages should be randomized (as I wrote - invalid message always has identical structure and content).

Best regards,
Marcin