[Spread-users] getting output as spread.access_ip processed

Alan Campbell lists at AlanCampbellLists.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 15:32:18 EST 2005

Hi,

Having set RequiredAuthMethods = "IP" and AllowedAuthMethods = "IP"
in spread.conf, I wanted to also set spread.conf so I could get
confirmation that spread.access_ip file was processed without errors.

Starting from spread-src-3.17.3.tar.gz, I saw in
auth-ip.c that Alarmp(...) is called with type flag of ACM.

But there's no documented way of setting DebugFlags in spread.conf to
output messages of type ACM.

I tried all sorts of DebugFlags settings including
{ ALL !DATA_LINK }
{ PRINT EXIT CONFIGURATION ACM }
{ ALL}

but no luck.

I looked at stuff that configuration.c, config_gram.l and
config_gram.y and my eyes crossed.

Okay, so I recompiled with all calls to Alarmp(...) with flag
ACM flags changed to CONFIGURATION.  Works okay.

But if there's another version of spread, maybe you could add
ACM is valid flag for DebugFlags.

Or have I missed something?Yrs,

Alan

 I am returning this otherwise good typing
 paper to you because someone has printed
 gibberish all over it and put your name at
 the top.
                    -- English Professor,
                       Ohio University