[Spread-users] spread over routers

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:10:26 EST 2005

I can answer one of your questions: the subnet mask influences the
spread segment configuration if you're using broadcast.  Usually, you
can go by the rule
(Broadcast Address) == (IP Address | ~(Subnet Mask)).

In general, I believe Spread sets it's multicast TTL to 1.  So if
you're using multicast, you'll have to use different segments for
machines separated by routers, or change the TTL.

Cheers,
Ryan