[Spread-users] Spread CVS tree changing

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Oct 29 17:25:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know, if you are using the Spread CVS
tree you you will probably want to switch for awhile to using a new
stable branch I've created instead of HEAD.

If you are not using CVS then there is nothing to worry about :-)

The current HEAD is now in a development mode with several non-backwards
compatible changes being committed and some substantial new work on
enhanced semantics. I've applied the first major patch set which adds
new membership information to the groups and was developed by Ryan Caudy
from CNDS. This will now report all of the VirtualSynchrony sets that
are contained in a membership view change, and not just the one the
receiving daemon is located in. It also should be substantialy faster to
merge large numbers of groups during membership changes.

If you want to track bugfixes that will go into the next 3.17.x release,
you can follow the "branch_3_17" branch by checking out:

cvs checkout -r branch_3_17

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science