[Spread-users] Need debugging advice

David Avraamides David.Avraamides at SevernRiverCapital.com
Fri Oct 29 12:59:14 EDT 2004

Thanks. I found the problem - it was an inconsistent version of a
library on my end that was causing messages to be ignored.

BTW, I found a bug in monitor.c for the Windows versions. You need to
move the following fragment *before* the call to Conf_init() since
Conf_init() makes Winsock calls (gethostname, gethostbyname, etc):

#ifdef ARCH_PC_WIN95
        ret = WSAStartup( MAKEWORD(2,0), &WSAData );
        if( ret != 0 )
            Alarm( EXIT, "sptmonitor: main: winsock initialization error
%d\n", ret );
#endif	/* ARCH_PC_WIN95 */

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Stanton [mailto:jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 12:00 PM
To: David Avraamides
Cc: spread-users at lists.spread.org
Subject: Re: [Spread-users] Need debugging advice

Not in 3.17.1. But there is now.

I modified spmonitor to work on Windows in the 3.17.3 release that came
out a few weeks ago. It might just work to take the binary release from
3.17.3 and use that sptmonitor program with your 3.17.1 daemons -- I
havn't tried it but I don't remember any changes to the monitor protocol
in the last few releases.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science