[Spread-users] Read_form2 error

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Wed Oct 20 14:04:00 EDT 2004

I think the problem is that you have different spread.conf files on the
different machines (i.e. you added ct-srvapp-06 to the spread.conf on
that machine, but the 'older' ct-srvwebin-01 machine still has the older
spread.conf without the new ct-srvapp-06.

If my supposition is correct, then that is the likely cause. Spread
requires that all spread.conf files used by a set of daemons are
identical (at least as far as the Spread_Segment declarations).

Because of this, if you want to add new machines to a running
spread.conf file, you have to restart all of the daemons with the new
file. Some people work around this by adding all the machines they think
they 'might' need in the future to the file from the beginning, then all
you have to do is start a new dameon and all of the currently running
ones will recognize it without a restart.

If you verified that they are all using the same file, then let me know
and I'll see what else could cause this.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science