[Spread-users] PHP and Spread - "php: relocation error"

Richard Jones rj at last.fm
Sat Nov 27 12:26:29 EST 2004

Hi,
I installed the php spread client from PECL, (phpize method)
Confirmed it created php_spread.so in my extensions dir.

Running this from command line:
<?
dl('php_spread.so');
spread_connect("10.0.0.12");
spread_multicast("group", "hello from PHP");
spread_close();
?>

Gives:

php -f spreadtest.php
php: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-
zts-20020429/php_spread.so: undefined symbol: SP_connect

I tried loading the extension from php.ini instead of dl(), to no avail.
Am i doing something wrong? I'm using php 4.3.9.

There doesnt seem to be much info on the web about using spread with
PHP. Anyone have it working?

Thanks,
Rich.