[Spread-users] setting up spread on osx

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:45:55 EST 2004

This is a very common problem.  It's getting that address using
gethostname and gethostbyname.  Use the "-n" option when you start
Spread to override this.  So, your command line becomes something like
"spread -n localhost &"

Cheers,
Ryan

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:52:34 -0500, BRIAN SUK <b_suk at jhu.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying to configure and run spread for the first time, yet I keep getting this error when running ./spread:
>
> | Contact: spread at spread.org                                                |
> |                                                                           |
> | Version 3.17.03 Built 15/October/2004                                     |
> \===========================================================================/
> Conf_init: using file: /usr/local/etc/spread.conf
> Successfully configured Segment 0 [127.0.0.255:4803] with 1 procs:
>                    localhost: 127.0.0.1
> Finished configuration file.
> Conf_init: My proc id (172.20.30.232) is not in configuration
> Exit caused by Alarm(EXIT)
>
> I'm not sure as to where it's getting 172.20.30.232 nor do I know how to address this problem either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Ryan W. Caudy
<rcaudy at gmail.com>
Bloomberg L.P.
<rcaudy1 at bloomberg.net>
[Alumnus]
<caudy at cnds.jhu.edu>
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems
Department of Computer Science