[Spread-users] newbye question about spread: topology

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Tue May 4 14:42:52 EDT 2004

I don't know a lot about XML.  The problem you have, as I perceive it,
is coping with the different character encodings and string formats in
Java and C.  I think trying to get at the data inside a Java object from
C code wouldn't be any fun, so I'd recommend using the setData method in
combination with the Java API's String instance method "public byte[]
getBytes( String charsetName )."  I'm actually not sure what character
set you should use, that depends on what your C applications understand.

--Ryan

--
Ryan W. Caudy
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems