[Spread-users] Spread in high load environments ?

Hoefs, Stephen Stephen.Hoefs at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon May 3 03:36:37 EDT 2004

Hi Folks - Hoping someone could help...

I was looking at using Spread for a distributed signal processing application but was put-off by a comments in the users guide. The comment suggested that Spread may not work well where node loads are above 10 (which I assume means 10% CPU). My application will be running on about 6 nodes with CPU load around 70% , and with high I/O (6MB/sec). Do you think Spread is appropriate for this application ?

Cheers,
Steve.