[Spread-users] Tracing Spread Messages

Xudong Yan xyan at juniper.net
Mon Jun 28 13:05:17 EDT 2004

For debugging purposes, I would like a way to receive, for a given set of groups, all messages sent to the group
without actually joining the group (once I join others know I am a member and I actually change the test).

Basically, I am looking for an tcpdump or ethereal equivalent in the spread messaging world. I imagine that this will
be a client that connects to one of the spread daemons that participate in the groups that I am interested in.

Is there any way to do that? I am willing to patch spread myself if that's what it takes. Can someone provide some pointers
on where to look?

Thanks

--Xudong