[Spread-users] topology question

Eric Cholet cholet at logilune.com
Wed Jun 23 10:03:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have the following setup, where I have 4 machines, A, B, C and D.
Machines A, B and C each have two network interfaces and are on
two segments, one one which is a high speed lan. Machine D is on
one segment only.

  10.0.0.1     10.0.0.2     10.0.0.3
   A              B             C            D
  192.168.0.1  192.168.0.2  192.168.0.3  192.168.0.4

I have one spread group whose members are A, B and C and I want
the traffic to happen on the 10.0.0.x network.
I have another spread group whose only member is D, and only C
sends messages to it.
I have no IP route between the two networks.

Will the following work?

Spread_Segment  10.0.0.255:4803 {

     A        10.0.0.1
     B        10.0.0.2
     C        10.0.0.3
}
Spread_Segment  192.168.0.255:4803 {

     C        192.168.0.3
     D        192.168.0.4
}

Or do I need to run two spread daemons on different ports on machine C?

Thanks,
--
Eric Cholet