[Spread-users] Ordering

P. Krishna pkrishna at revasystems.com
Tue Jun 22 13:26:59 EDT 2004

Hello Yair,
Thank you for the prompt response. I read the 2 pager.
Spread maintains only one ring of spread daemons, and the seq# is global
across all groups.

Looking @ Figure 1.4 which plots mesg latency versus number of groups.
If I look at the curve for 10000B packets, the latency is about 2.8ms.
The xmission latency due to pkt over 100Mb link is 0.8ms - what is the
breakup of the remaining 2ms? How much of it is due to CPU (P3 in this
expt) and how much is due to the ordering protocol - i.e., token based
access?

I am just trying to get a gauge of performance expectation if we use a
different setup for example, faster CPUs but continue using 100Mb/s
links.

Thanks,
Krishna