[Spread-users] sublinear movement

Piotr Kozieradzki piotoru at zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Feb 4 06:42:29 EST 2004

I test spread on 3 host (Linux debian, CPU: Pentium II, network 100Mb)
in one segment (LAN, ethernet)
On each  host is one spread demon and one spread client . Each client
has 2 publisher  and two subscriber. So each program sends his messeges
to  other program (one publisher from host A sends messeges to
subscriber from B and one to subscriber from C, etc. )
In first test I send 30 packet per second (200B each packet) from each
publisher.  But avarage trafific is about 160B / s (it is about 10 times
more than it shuold be).
After that I change my program so each generate 300  pac sekond (200B
each packet) from each publisher , it generate trafic about 290B/s. Is
it correct?

The other test was I run One demon on host A and one client (spuser) on
the same host. ther was no other spread demon in network. On spuser  i
create group MY_GROUP and send to this group one message "Hello". I saw
about 45 annoucment from spread demon "Received token". Does it meen
that he received 45 packet?

Piotr Kozieradzki