[Spread-users] Spread rollout to lots of machines

Steven Dake scd at broked.org
Mon Feb 2 12:36:39 EST 2004

Matt,

Spread supports 128 nodes max.  I suspect if you deploy all of them in
one segment, your going to have serious performance problems (ring
rotation takes alot of time).  According to the maintainers, spread has
been tested with 50-60 nodes at one time.

I don't think it is easily possible to increase the number of nodes
because of max UDP packet size and data required per possible node to be
sent in the formation token.

Thanks
-steve