[Spread-users] Performance Question

Mike Perik michaelperik at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 16:15:28 EST 2004

First, my apologies, I had a bug in my timing
calculation.  I'm fixing that at the moment.

I hope to have better results by tomorrow.

I've included my conf file and related spmonitor
output for you inspection though.

Here is my conf file, I've reduced my Spread network
to two machines from which I'm running the tests.

xray is the broadcaster and frln03 is the client.

==========
Spread_Segment  225.0.1.1:5003 {
        frln03                  10.0.103.173
        xray                    10.0.103.121
}

DebugFlags = { PRINT EXIT MEMBERSHIP GROUPS }
=======

Here is a traceroute and ping of xray being done from
the frln03.

 1  xray (10.0.103.121)  0.104 ms  0.089 ms  0.090 ms
64 bytes from xray.foxriver.com (10.0.103.121):
icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=0.087 ms

Here is the spmonitor output, it is from the period I
ran a 10 minute test.

Monitor: send status query

============================
Status at frln03 V 3.17. 3 (state 1, gstate 1) after
2415 seconds :
Membership  :  2  procs in 1 segments, leader is
frln03
rounds   :  172915      tok_hurry :   38933     memb
change:       1
sent pack:      24      recv pack :   65639
retrans    :      39
u retrans:      39      s retrans :       0     b
retrans  :       0
My_aru   :  160702      Aru       :  160702
Highest seq:  160702
Sessions :       0      Groups    :       0     Window
    :      60
Deliver M:  160626      Deliver Pk:  160702     Pers
Window:      15
Delta Mes:       0      Delta Pack:       0     Delta
sec  :      14

Thanks for the help,
Mike