[Spread-users] spread and freebsd question...

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:14:54 EST 2004

Kevin, I don't know why you didn't see any messages after the license
-- it doesn't match any bug report I'm familiar with.  The message you
did get means that your Spread daemon can't find itself in the
configuration file, without help.  It tries gethostname, and then uses
gethostbyname, to try to discover which daemon entry in the
configuration file corresponds to it.  If this fails, you have to tell
it manually on the command line, using the "-n" option.  Try doing
that in this case, and see if it works.

Cheers,
Ryan