[Spread-users] Running spread with IP multicast.

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Mon Sep 15 18:07:10 EDT 2003

Hi,

try spuser -u "name" with a different name per user and you will be
able to connect to the same daemon with multiple spuser instances.
(you can do spuser usage to get some info or better yet - read the
user guide).

You do not need a daemon in every machine - in the extreme, you could
have only one daemon in the whole network. The best results in many
networks will be achieved when you have a daemon in every machine.
That allows Spread to optimize the performance.

The "Sess_init" message is not related to the use of multicast.
Probably you already have another daemon running on that port or
another user executed a daemon before and you have no permissions
on the socket now.

If you send the list you configuration, I am sure someone would be
able to comment on that.

     Cheers,

     :) Yair.

On Monday, September 15, 2003 2:37 PM