[Spread-users] daemon crash on illegal private name

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Fri Oct 24 15:57:27 EDT 2003

> In short, I believe that an integrity check that should be done on
> startup on the daemons' names isn't being done correctly.  Or this could
> be a symptom of a completely different bug, we'll try and find out.

Ok.  I understand.

On the subject of integrity checks, we've had trouble with syntax errors in
config files.  I don't recall the details, because we were in a hurry to
help a customer get spread running.  I believe the curly braces were
unbalanced.  The daemon started but was effectively unresponsive.  It
wouldn't communicate with other daemons.  It would be helpful if the daemon
could complain about invalid config files rather than running in an unknown
state.

Jeremy