[Spread-users] spread demon <--> client comunication

RYAN CAUDY caudy at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 20 07:58:27 EST 2003

I assume that both clients are joining the same group, and sending to that group?  The SELF_DISCARD flag means that Spread won't deliver their own messages back to them, but it will still deliver the other client's messages.  The error your getting usually comes up when a client fails to read fast enough to keep Spread's application level message buffer from overflowing.  You can confirm this by adding the SESSION flag to the debug print flags in your spread.conf.  Simple flow control should solve the problem.

Cheers,
Ryan