[Spread-users] Limitation for high availability systems

. zist zist at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 10:43:21 EDT 2003

It is my understanding that it is necessary to restart the spread daemon
to take into account any modification of the configuration file.
For high availability systems, if we want to add an extra server (for
instance
due to higher traffic), it will be therefore necessary to stop all the
existing
spread daemons, thus interrupting the service.
That makes spread not yet perfect for high availability systems.
Is there a plan to allow dynamic addition of new spread daemons ?
in which timeframe ?
What modifications would be necessary ?
If it's not planned or easily done by someone not familiar with the internal
spread
architecture, would there be some workaround ?
Thanks