[Spread-users] First steps with Spread : can't get it run :(

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Tue May 20 09:18:03 EDT 2003

Please send your spread.conf, and the exact error you receive.  The
problem you describe is usually caused by one of two things: an
incorrect segment/host configuration in the spread.conf, or a host that
is unable to identify itself using gethostname() and gethostbyname() as
one of those in the configuration.  The solution to the latter problem
is to start spread with the -n option.  Also, please clarify: is
spread.log really empty, or is it just only containing the things that
print every time, like the banner, init information, etc?

--Ryan