[Spread-users] lost flooder messages

Kelvin Fedrick Kelvin.Fedrick at noaa.gov
Thu May 8 16:44:37 EDT 2003

I saw a few previous post on this from July 2002, but I never saw a
definitive resolutions. We've experienced the same problem. We
modified the spflooder to send a message sequence number and find
that often a small percentage of messages at the end are never delivered

(e.g. 400 sent but only 398 delivered).
Placing a 1 second sleep at the end of the flooder program main(), just
before exit seems to fix this. Also I haven't been able to reproduce it
so
far running spflooder as write-only. Any ideas?

Kelvin Fedrick
NOAA/SEC, CIRES