[Spread-users] Spread for large message sizes

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Sun Mar 2 21:14:02 EST 2003

I'm evaluating spread for use in a distributed simulation/GUI project.

Spread has pretty much all the characteristics that I'm looking for, except
that the maximum message size seems to be limited to about 128k. Some of the
messages that I want to send range up to 2Mb. I don't really want to write a
message assmembly layer on top of a message assembly layer on top of a
message assembly layer on top of ... So:

Is the message size a hard limit?
Can I change it by settings in spread.conf or somewhere?
Is it tied to some fundamental design limit, or could I recompile spread
with different settings? (And if so, how?).