[Spread-users] Fw: totally insane to do this?

Sumeet Pannu sumeetp at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 05:34:17 EST 2003

Am i crazy in wanting to have an interface with a private address, say eth0
and wanting to bind a public address on to it via spread and wackamole
(eth0:1), obviously on entirely seperate subnets? So, can I have eth0
192.168.0.1 and my vip as 10.1.1.1 as eth0:1? This causes a core dump for me
if i don't have another interface (eth2 for example) on the 10.1.1.x
network. Is this expected behaviour? thanks, sumeet.